Adding HEALTH and More to Prevention!
PreventionPLUSWellness specializes in evidence-based prevention programs that target wellness for improving the mental and physical health, and positive development of all youth and young adults.
“Many prevention programs discuss the negativity of drug use, but this one reaches youth in a different way…by incorporating overall wellness concepts.” -Kate K., Prevention Specialist-
Positive Prevention Programs for All Young People
- SPORT© for children and adolescents;
- InShape© for college aged young adults;
- SPORT© for Families programs for parents with children and adolescents;
- Motivational Coaching Program (MCP)© supplement for SPORT©; and
- In God’s Image (IGI)© a physical, spiritual and mental fitness program for youth.
Easy as 1, 2, 3!
Our prevention plus wellness programs are implemented in three simple steps:
- Screen youth for their current health habits.
- Provide feedback triggering naturally motivating positive youth images.
- Help youth set goals to avoid substance abuse while increasing their healthy habits.
In addition, our family materials increase positive parent-youth interaction at home.
Prevention PLUS Wellness Interventions Are…
- Fundable because they address multiple health issues.
- Positive, enjoyable and can increase participation.
- Practical and easy to implement.
- Personalized to each youth’s health habits.
- Flexible in one-on-one and group lesson formats.
- Adaptable to nearly every setting.
- Designed to improve the "whole health" of young people.
- Evidence and theory-based.
- Inclusive in the materials and services provided.
- Sustainable over time.
Learn more on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) webpage!
Take a look at our program samples on the blogs/samples page!